Raveon’s ATLAS PT is a PersonnelTracking System that provides immediate location, tracking, and alerting of while engaged in critical activities. This tracker is ideal for mission critical personal observation, especially:
- Border Patrol
- Fire Fighters (learn more)
The ATLAS PT is equipped with an “Emergency Alert” button as well as a “man down” tilt sensor. The tracker helps you focus and protect your highly trained professionals in whatever mission critical operations you may face. The real-time situational awareness provided by the personal tracker system allows you to orchestrate personnel efforts for optimal operations, and helps you bring your team home safely.
The ATLAS PT is the fastest completely-integrated real-time GPS tracking transponder available. It uses VHF radio channels with no service fees or monthly charges, and works virtually anywhere.
The ATLAS PT is fully compatible with the RavTrack series of vehicle tracking devices and software, allowing complete real-time tracking of personnel, vehicles, and other vital assets in one system.
The tracker is ideal for ensuring connectivity in disaster scenarios when cellular services are easily overwhelmed.
|Training||Study your training exercises in real-time, The ATLAS PT allows you to capture the activities of any trainee group and save them for later replay and critique. Trainees can request support or alert operations to a critical situation.|
|Fire Fighters||Know where your personnel are while battling any situation. Coordinate team efforts, and minimize unnecessary dangerous exposures.And with Raveon’s Man Down ALERT! button, your personal can immediately summon help to their position|
|Police||Know where your officers and first-responders are no matter their mode of travel. See the tactical situation in real-time, identify who is closest to the scene, and respond with the right person in the right place and at the right time|
|Search&Rescue||Coordinate in concert the efforts of your rescue personnel. Retain and refer to a dynamic map record of all areas searched, ensuring thorough coverage. Proactively equip outbound people with an ATLAS Personal Tracker and pinpoint their location at any time.|
- Real-Time. Position and status updates are available as quickly as every second. Coupled with the rapid update capabilities the extremely short assures you that any position reports and alerts sent will post to your display(s) very quickly.
- Complete. Everything needed to track a vehicle or asset is provided. No secondary services like Internet, cell-service, GPRS, Edge, SMS, or satellite service is needed. The ATLAS PT allows you complete control over your infrastructure.
- No Monthly Charges. Because no external services are required, there are no recurring costs for a RavTrack system.
- Totally Portable. The ATLAS PT is completely self-contained and portable. Meant to be worn by personnel in a variety of activities, it weighs just 16 ounces even with the built-in rechargeable batteries. Simple to operate, just “turn it on and go”. Furthermore, the ATLAS PT has some of the lowest power-consumption in the industry. The transponder features flexible reporting options, while a remote controlled sleep mode allows it to be active and consume almost no power at all.
- Rugged and water tight. Integrated into an IP67 rated watertight enclosure all PT models include protection against damage from water, over-temperature, high VSWR, and overcharge.
- Works Everywhere/Anytime. The ATLAS PT does not rely on public wireless services, so your systems work in rural areas, forests, mines, mountains, deserts, foreign countries, and even open water. This is especially critical in disaster situations when cellular services are easily overwhelmed.
- Long-Range Operation. Using narrow-band VHF radio channels, the ATLAS can communicate as far as 30 miles (depending upon terrain). All ATLAS PTs can also store-and-forward repeat for wide-area coverage, and fully inter-operate with other M7 series GPS enabled radio in the RavTrack family.
- High Speed and High Efficiency. The ATLAS PT Transponder operates with fast over the air data rates. Its fast-switching radio enables it to send up to 20 position-transmissions per second.
- Flexible Reporting. The ATLAS PT may be configured to transmit position and status reports at pre-set time intervals (programmable), when it has moved a certain distance (programmable), when an I/O changes, when it has stopped moving, is laid-down, or a combination of these.
- Easy To Use. The ATLAS Personal Locator is very simple to use. Turn it on, and once GPS signal is acquired, it begins sending its position. Power-Off may be disabled so that only the command-center can turn it off.
- Safety Features. On the top of the ATLAS PT is a dual-function user-activated alert button. Pressing sends an “Alert”, and when held down for 2 seconds, causes the unit to transmit a “Critical Alert” code indicating the alert condition.Using the internal position sensor, position transmissions and man-down alerts may be triggered by position, motion, or lack-of motion.
- Proximity Alerts. Each ATLAS PT may be configured to transmit an alert, as well as signal an output circuit whenever it is in proximity of another M7 series GPS enabled radio. This feature is useful for collision avoidance, theft security, or other applications.
- Remote Management. Commands may be sent over-the-air to the ATLAS PT to put interrogate it, modify its reporting rate, and modify certain parameters in it.
Long Battery Life. Operating as a GPS transponder with the receiver off 95% of the time, the expected operation duration from a full charge is:
Simple to Interface. The ATLAS PT is very simple to use and is designed to integrate with a variety of software,plotters, GPS displays, and external devices including:
Lowrance GPS displays and navigation
Garmin hand-held GPSs
Any GPS with an RS-232 NMEA interface
RavTrackPC software by Raveon
Marine Radar Displays
Laser range finders
Your own custom application
- Visual Mapping. The activities of all ATLAS units are easily visualized by a number of mapping applications, including RavTrack PC, which allows you to import your own custom maps.
- Secure. All position reports are 128-bit AES encrypted for secure communications. No other radio modem, from Raveon or otherwise, will be able to listen in or monitor positions without knowing the security key.
Model: RV-PT (b=V or U) (x=band)
Size: 145mm X 70mm X35mm
Weight: 0.46kg (16 oz)
Input Voltage: 11 – 16 VDC
Charging Battery: <1.5A
Supported Frequency Bands: 136-155
Planned or MOQ required:
A. 403-434MHz (Non-US)
B. 419-440MHz (Non-US)
C. 450-480MHz (for US channels)
D. 470-512MHz (Non-US)
Serial Port Baud Rates (programmable): 1.2k, 2.4k, 4.8k, 9.6k, 19.2k, 38.4k, 57.6k, 115.2k
Over-the-air baud rates (programmable):
-N 4.8k, 5142, 8K,9.6k (1200 optional)
-W 4.8k, 8k, 9.6k, 14.4k, 19.2k
Simplex or Half-duplex
Operating Temperature range
-30°C to +60°C Operational
0°C - 45°C for charging
Internal Battery Charger:
<4-hours for standard LiION 2200mAh pack
Front Panel LEDs
Status (Carrier Detect, TX/RX, GPS Status)
Alert (Active and response)
RF I/O Connector
Raveon P/N: 1C738-1
Individual address: 65,536
RF Power Output, fully charged.. 500mW – 5.0 W
RF Power Output, 90% discharged.. 0.3W – 3.0 W
Maximum Duty Cycle....................... 25% @ 2W to 40C,
RF Bandwidth..................................... 20MHz no-tune
TX Spurious outputs.......................... < -70dBc
Occupied Bandwidth.......................... Per FCC
FCC Emissions Designator.............. 11K0F1D (-N)
Frequency Stability............................ Better than ±1.5ppm
RX sensitivity (1% PER).................... 9600bps < -106dBm
4800bps < -114dB
RF No-tune bandwidth..................... 20MHz
Alternate Channel Selectivity.......... -65dB
Blocking and spurious rejection...... -75dB
Connector Type IP67 rated circular
RS232 IO Voltage Levels TXD, RXD
Modem handshake signals None
NMEA messages: TTL, GLL, WPL, RMC
User Configurable Parameters (overview)
Channel Number and Operating Frequency
Baud Rate, parity, stop bits
GPS Update Rate: 1 – 9999 Seconds
GPS report on movement: 0 – 9999 Meters
GPS report on digital in Enable/disable
GPS Report on motion Yes
GPS Report on man-down Yes
Store-and-forward Repeating configuration128 bit AES
LEDs operation or disabled
Read DC voltage, current, and statistics
Event triggers (Speed, proximity, I/O, Motion)
Alert Button operation
Below please find different power-coding options for the Atlas PT (custom colors may require order minimums).
The activities of all ATLAS PT units are easily visualized by a number of mapping applications, including RavTrack PC, which allows you to import your own custom maps or Riptides HIT software (pictured below) for Battle Tracking, Exercise Command and Control and After Action Reviews (AAR).
The Portable Multi Unit Charger (PMUC) supports charging of 10 ATLAS PT or the same number of external battery packs.
- RAWC - mobile base station
- External Lithium battery
- Carrying pouch (4N330-X)
- Vehicle charging cable (4C900-Y-6)
- USB cable (4C901-1-6)